Check below for information about my podiobook, "The Price of Friendship"

Creative Commons License
The Price of Friendship by Philip 'Norvaljoe' Carroll is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday

The combined choirs sang in both the 8th and 10th wards. They sang beautifully, and if I have faith as a minute fraction of a mustard seed, I should have know that they would.

I am a worrier, though, and I think that this weekend nearly killed me. I didn't sleep well and was grumpy and stressed all day Saturday.

We sang "My Shepherd will supply my need." The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has it on a CD, but we did it better.....Well, we did it.

Dixie Tirre sang, "Gethsemane", by Sally De Ford

A quartet sang, "His hands", I think. It was added last week when Sis. Briscoe said that she would like to sing it on Easter. I had heard her practicing it, and was ok with anyone who was prepared to sing. She was joined by Ann Siemore, Abby Siemore, and Le Ann Escobar.

The choir then sang, "Woman why weepest thou", written by Rob Gardner, a personal favorite of mine that is on the CD, 'Witness' by the A Capella group '259'.

Emily Woodward sang a solo, "The Via Dolorosa", that is also on the 'Witness' CD, but I forget the author/composer.

Finally we sang, 'The Holy City', a well known song, and well loved by many.

We had a lot of help from angels singing with us.

My bigest mistake was starting 'The Holy City' without standing the choir, and I didn't die, so I think it went pretty well.

No comments: