Check below for information about my podiobook, "The Price of Friendship"

Creative Commons License
The Price of Friendship by Philip 'Norvaljoe' Carroll is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

100 word story weekly challenge

It seems that whenever I send my story in to the 100 word challenge, I end up with my story at the end. I sent mine in on Tuesday this week, to see if it would come in closer to the top. Maybe it is just my imagination, but it seems like the earlier ones, closer to the top, seem to do better, overall.

There was a choice of five prompts this week. The last time there were that many prompt I tried using all of them in the story. It made for a really 'ok' story. So this time I chose one that I liked the best, and that was 'The fencing master'. Here is this weeks story:

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!"
He couldn't help it; He read the book three times and watched the movie countless more; each time he stepped forward to face an opponent, the thought came to mind, and he smiled.
He saluted his opponent. At the word 'fence' he advanced three quick leaps to stop, unable to attack.
A shy freshman at the Junior College, he took beginning fencing to meet girls, but could never bring himself to poke them in the breasts.
Defeated, he smiled, and moved the foil to his right hand.

I took fencing my first semester at Junior College, and, on top of my being terribly uncoordinated, I couldn't bring myself to stab the women in the chest, and it seemed like that's all there was, when it came down to me against them...

No comments: