Check below for information about my podiobook, "The Price of Friendship"

Creative Commons License
The Price of Friendship by Philip 'Norvaljoe' Carroll is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Back at it

Ward choir started up again, yesterday, after the break for Christmas. We had six people show up, and no pianist. I guess I didn't give people enough advance notice. So I ended up trying to play the piano, as well as direct.

We are working on some great songs:

'My Shepperd will supply my need' arranged by Mack Wilberg. The Motabs have sung this one. It is a southern melody and has some beautiful words that have stayed with me since we sang this in 3rd ward 10 or more years ago.

'There is a hill' by Brown and Mabbott. It is a variation of 'There is a green hill far away'. I bought on piece and reading through the melody in my mind it sounded really bland. Fortunately, we have a piano at home. What a beautiful melody. It breaks into six parts at one point, and it may push our choirs abilities to its limit, but it will be wonderful.

'Woman, why weepest thou?' Written by Rob Gardner and available directly from Spiremusic.org. You can hear the acapella group, 259, sing it on their 'Witness' album. It is a beautiful and moving song.

I may actually have to gird up my loins and make some phone calls this week to try and get more people out. Our performance for Christmas in both 8th and 10th, we're combined again, was such a high, for me as my first Christmas as director, and for the choir, because they sounded so good. I look forward to a wonderful year.

No comments: