Check below for information about my podiobook, "The Price of Friendship"

Creative Commons License
The Price of Friendship by Philip 'Norvaljoe' Carroll is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I hate 'meh'.

Since I have been following flash fiction podcasts, and they regularly quote feedback on previously posted stories, I have become familiar with the ubiquitous comment of indifference, 'meh'. It seems, almost, a trite rite of passage to denigrate someones hard work with the single syllable of condescending indifference. I have even heard people incongruously use the vile three letters in as absurd display of their condescending arrogance, "..a great, big, resounding, MEH ...". Can they not say what they think, or is it more important to sound like they belong? This previous quote was not indifference, but dislike.

If I must use this 'non word' to join the tribe of flash fiction critics, I will, no doubt, remain outside their fraternity.

No comments: